What are Orthotics?
Pain and discomfort in the knees, hips, lower back, feet and joints may be caused by foot imbalances. Our custom fitted Orthotics are biomechanical inserts that support and correct the alignment of the foot to reduce strain and stress on your body. These medical appliances are specially designed for each patient in order to correct specific imbalances. They help restore the normal balance and alignment of your body by gently correcting foot abnormalities.
Common Conditions that can be treated or prevented using Custom Foot Orthotics:
- Heel Pain such as Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs or Achilles Tendinitis
- Arch Pain associated with flat feet or high arches
- Forefoot Pain such as Morton’s Neuroma, Bunions
- Knee Pain such as Patella-femoral Syndrome or Runner’s knee
- Hip or Pelvic Pain
- Lower Back Pain including stenosis and sciatica
What to Expect?
The Biomechanical assessment and footwear inspection are then done before the feet are placed semi-weight bearing in foam mold and an impression taken. The foam impression is then sent to an orthotic laboratory (recognized by PFOLA) where the custom orthotic is made specific too each foot.